PMJDY: So far 42.37 crore accounts have been opened under this scheme. Explain that even the poorest person can open their bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
New Delhi. In order to connect all the people of the country with banking facilities, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana- PMJDY was started in the year 2014. So far 42.37 crore accounts have been opened under this scheme. Explain that even the poorest person can open their bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. Account can be opened in any bank branch or business representative (Bank Mitra) outlet. There are many benefits of Jan Dhan account, one of which is also the benefit of life insurance and accident insurance. If you have not yet connected to the Jan Dhan account, you can open the account. Let’s know about this in detail … Accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh is available.
Under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, free accident insurance up to Rs 1 lakh is available on account opening. Apart from this, Accidental Death Insurance cover of Rs 30,000 is also available on this account. This insurance is available on the Rupees debit card available for Jan Dhan account. However, it is necessary to fulfill the eligibility conditions for this. The premium is paid by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
these benefits will be available in Jan Dhan account
1. There is no hassle of keeping minimum balance in the account.
2. Interest will be kept as much as savings account.
3. Mobile banking facility will also be free.
4. Accidental insurance cover up to 2 lakh rupees for every users.
5. Overdraft facility up to 10 thousand rupees.
6. RuPay card is available for cash withdrawal and shopping.
These government schemes will get benefits
1. Money of many government schemes will come directly into the account.
2. It will be easy to buy insurance, pension products.
3. Money transfer can be done easily across the country.
4. Account will be opened for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan.
documents required to open a Jan Dhan account
<< PAN Card
<< NREGA Card Any one of the above officially valid documents (OVD) will be required.