Mahavir Jayanti 2021-India is a great blend of plenty of festivals. Fortunately, masses celebrate each festival with great energy and happiness. Even, each festival has a different significance. If you examine closely then you will come to know the several facts which are associated with the festivals. In addition to it, celebrating the festivals and gathering the knowledge behind celebrating the festival will enhance the interest of the masses.
Not only this, but you will also come to know about the roots of the Indian Culture. So, it is you liability to gain the more and more knowledge about the history of every festival. If the Jainism community lives near to your area then you can gain the knowledge about Mahavir Jayanti Festival. It is great way to become the part of new culture and learn more about it.
Moreover if you are interested in doing the deep research about Mahavir Jayanti then below-mentioned information is fruitful for you.
About Mahavir Jayanti 2021:
Mahavir Jayanti is a great and essential festival of the Jain community. In addition to it, people celebrate this festival across the world with happiness and joy. This festival memorized the birth of Lord Mahavira.
According to the Jain Mythology, their 24th Tirthankara is Lord Mahavira. In addition to that, this year it will be celebrated on the 25th April 2021. On this festival, there is holiday in the government offices and business.
Date of the Mahavur Jayanti 2021:
|Name of the festival||Date||States|
|Mahavir Jayanti||Sunday, 25th April 2021||Karnataka, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, and Madhya Pradesh|
History and Significance behind the Mahavir Jayanti:
After the birth of Mahavira in 599 BCE, the ambience surrounds with the peace and face the serenity. On that moment, Goddesses from the heaven paid the reverence to Tirthankara. After that he bathed the small child in the ceremony and gave the name of Mahavir. In addition to it, there is also a prominent legend is related to the Mahavira’ birth the HIS mother.
Dreams of Trishala, Mother of Mahavir Jain:
Just before the birth of Mahavir, his mother had the 16 dreams of offering the different kind of items. In addition to it, the below-mentioned information is about the list of dream symbols and their essential significance.
- A white elephant – It signifies the child of the great moral values will be born.
- A lion – denotes the leadership
- Goddess Lakshmi- Wealth and prosperity
- Full moon- peace and support
- Pair of jumping fish- charming appearance
- The sun- higher knowledge
- A Lake full of lotus flower- compassion
- Residence of Nagendra- Clairvoyance
- Rough ocean- Infinite Attainment
- A vessel full of gems- Dignity and wisdom
- A golden pot- wealth
- Mandara Flowers- Sympathy and courtesy
- A bull- A prominent religious teacher who share the knowledge and peace
- A garland- Popularity and admiration
- A throne of rubies and diamonds- being the world teacher
- A celestial palace- Spirituality
At the age of 30, he left the all the earthly pursuits and commence the meditation. He continuous meditates under the tress of Ashoka for the 12 years. After that, he got the enlightened. He commuted across the India and deliver the lesson of eliminating the superstition and various false belief. He gave the knowledge about the importance of meditation.
In addition to it, the majority of the Mahavir Jayanti Celebration occurs in the temples of Pawapuri in Bihar, Girnar and Palitana in Gijrat, Shri Mahavirji Temple in Rajasthan, and Parasnath Temple in Kolkata.
Mahavir Jayanti Traditions And Rituals:
- Keep austerity and conduct the fast whole day.
- Decorate the worship Altar or room with the flowers.
- Give the flowers, sweet, and fruits to the diety.
- Chant the prayers of the Mahavir Jayanti
- Serve the money, clothes, food, or any sort of basic needs to the poor.
- They clean the idol of Mahavir by performing the Abhishekam by using the water and milk.
Is Mahavir Jayanti a public holiday?
On the occasion of Mahavir Jayanti, there is a public holiday. In addition to it, schools, businesses, and the general population will be closed.
The masses who belong to the Jainism community in numerous activities which allows them to bond with the family members and designate respect to Lord Mahavira. Here is the list of some activities that are performs on this festival.
- Statue washing
- Visit temples
How is Mahavir Jayanti celebrated?
This celebration commence in the form of “rath yatra” with the idol of lord Mahavira. All the Jain temples are decorated by the flags. On the other side, Jain provides the food and clothes to the needy masses. Other do some charitable acts and do the prayer in the temple of Mahavira Lord.
List of the five spiritual destinations for visiting during the Happy Mahavir Jayanti 2021:
You can enjoy the Mahavir Jayanti by visiting the various destinations. At these places, you will closely examine the beauty of the Jain culture. Here is the list of some following Indian destinations for visiting during the festival:
- Madhuban- It is site in the Jharkhand and the best destination for the Jains.
- Girnarji- This place is located in the Indian state of Gujarat.
- Gomateshwara- It is one of best destinations which is located in the Karnataka.
- Mungi Tungi- One can also visit this place in the Maharashtra. It is an ideal place for Jainism community.
- Gajpantha- It has the attractive and beautiful temple. In addition to it, this is also considered as the best temple.
You have the opportunity of visiting one of many places that are mentioned above during the Mahavir Jayanti. All the places are best further you will get the unique experience while visiting this place. So, do not forget to visit these places. In the end, it is essential for teenagers to connect with the roots of rituals. With the above-mentioned information, you will have accurate knowledge about this festival. In addition to that, it is essential that all masses follow the rituals and understand the significance behind this festival.